December Wrap Up


In December I read two books. Unravel Me and Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi and I started Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
You can find my opinion of Shatter Me and Destroy Me in my November Wrap Up.

Unravel Me (Shatter Me - Book 2) and Fracture Me (Shatter Me - Book 2.5) 
by Tahereh Mafi


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


Unravel Me is my favorite book in the series so far. One of the things I liked the most was that unlike Shatter Me, Unravel Me have more action and the author's writing is amazing.
In the first few chapters I was a bit confused because of the way Juliette in Shatter Me ended and how it started in Unravel Me, but as I read it I began to realize why she felt and behave in that way.
As for the characters, in this book we have a stronger Juliette and I loved seeing the evolution of the characters. I continue to adore Adam. As for Warner, I found it very intriguing and there were parts where I thought I was Team Warner but I do not know if I am Team Adam or Team Warner because I can not find the relationship between Warner and Juliette healthy. My favorite character is Kenji, he's very funny, clever and I've seen that Shadow Me is going to be from his point of view.


There was a revelation that I was not expecting and I do not remember if I ever considered this hypothesis.
What I didn't like was the fact that the author wrote in first person and that there was a chapter (chapter 62) that I thought was too big.
As for the ending, I was not expecting what happened and I really want to start Ignite Me.
In Fracture Me, narrated by Adam, we saw that he loves Juliette. What I liked the most was seeing him and his brother, James. After reading the book, I think we're going to have a new couple.

"In the darkest days you have to look for a point of brilliance, on the coldest days you have to look for a place of warmth, on the darkest days you have to keep your eyes straight and in the saddest days you have to leave them open to leave them, to cry them. Then let them cry. To give them a chance to wash the pain in order to see fresh and clear once again. "
- Unravel Me

What did you read in December?

You can find the books on Wook (Portugal only) and Book Depository!

Kisses,

-A

0 comentários:

Post a Comment