Top 3 Books I Read this Winter


Today I'm going to talk about my top 3 books that I read in December, January and February.
In December I read two books, Unravel Me and Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi. In January I read four books, Ignite Me and Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi, Rebel of the Sands and Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton. In February I didn't finish any book.

This list is not in any particular order.


Unravel Me (Shatter Me Book 2) by Tahereh Mafi ⭐⭐⭐⭐


Unravel Me is my favorite book in the series. One of the things I liked the most was that unlike Shatter Me, Unravel Me have more action and the author's writing is amazing.
In the first few chapters I was a bit confused because of the way Juliette in Shatter Me ended and how it started in Unravel Me, but as I read it I began to realize why she felt and behave in that way.
As for the characters, in this book we have a stronger Juliette and I loved seeing the evolution of the characters. I continue to adore Adam. As for Warner, I found it very intriguing and there were parts where I thought I was Team Warner but I do not know if I am Team Adam or Team Warner because I can not find the relationship between Warner and Juliette healthy. My favorite character is Kenji, he's very funny, clever and I've seen that Shadow Me is going to be from his point of view.
There was a revelation that I was not expecting and I do not remember if I ever considered this hypothesis.
What I didn't like was the fact that the author wrote in first person and that there was a chapter (chapter 62) that I thought was too big.

Restore Me (Shatter Me Book 4) by Tahereh Mafi 


Restore Me have two points of views, from Juliette and Warner.
This book does not have much action in terms of fighting, but it's not as "slow" as Ignite Me because the characters had a lot of work due to what happens at the end of the second book.
As I mentioned in Ignite Me, Juliette has grown a lot since the first book, but at the same time she has doubts about herself which made her more "real".
Reading from Warner's perspective, it made me like him more. I loved seeing him with Kenji. I also enjoyed seeing him with Adam and liked to have seen Adam more.
In this book we meet new characters and was not expecting that scene with Nazeera and Juliette.
The revelations she made shocked me, and when I thought I was not going to be more shocked when I finished reading the book, I realized that, like John Snow, I know nothing.

Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands Book 2)
by Alwyn Hamilton ⭐.5


Traitor to the Throne is the second book in the Rebel of the Sands trilogy. Unlike the first book, I did not like that the book had only one point of view.
In this continuation we continue to have a funny, smart and fearless Amani. I still like Jin, but I wish he had him more in the story and still ship Jamani. Shazad continues to be my favorite character. The characters we know in this story the ones I liked the most were Sam and Rahim.
I'm still fascinated by mythology and its stories. One thing I found very interesting was the fact that names have power and throughout the book I thought I had seen it somewhere but I do not know where.
In this book we had more political intrigue and I also enjoyed very much.
With the synopsis of the book and throughout reading I was afraid of what the author was going to do about this character, but what I feared did not happen.

What is your top 3 books that you read this winter?

Kisses,

-A

0 comentários:

Post a Comment