June Wrap Up


Hi guys! It's Ana and today I finally bring my June wrap up. In June I finished The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and participated for the first time in a readathon called The Game of Booksathon. In my TBR I had 6 books and just read one book, Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller.

The Sun is also a Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐



Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store - for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

After reading Queen of Air and Darkness I was in a reading slump and to try to read again I started The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and I am glad I did it because I loved the book and it is one of my favorite.
What made me love the story was natasha and daniel. From the synopsis we realized it was going to be insta love and the author managed to make it real.
Natasha is intelligent, independent, funny, sarcastic. Daniel is a dreamer, funny and intelligent.
She is the kind of person who believes in statistics and science, while Daniel is the typical poetry boy who believes in fate. What made them complete each other, as Daniel says is meant to be.
One thing that I found interesting was that the author included the perspective of some characters that appear throughout the book.
The novel was written in a way that didn't seem to happen in just one day.
The author's writing is not complex what made it a quick read.
One of the things I liked the most was the ending and I wish the book had more pages.
I loved the book and recommend it to anyone who likes romance.

“There’s a Japanese phrase that I like: koi no yokan. It doesn’t mean love at first sight. It’s closer to love at second sight. It’s the feeling when you meet someone that you’re going to fall in love with them. Maybe you don’t love them right away, but it’s inevitable that you will."
- Nicola Yoon




Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map - the key to a legendary treasure trove - seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.

More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate, Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King.

In daughter of the pirate king we followed Alosa's perspective and I loved it. She is funny, sarcastic, brave and intelligent. I also liked Riden and I liked that there was also his perspective and I also liked the romance.
What I liked most was when she was exploring the boat looking for the map and when someone talked about rum I always remembered the Pirates of the Caribbean, her parts with Riden and the world.


I didn't think the revelations were mind blown so maybe it's the reason I didn't give 5 stars.
I didn't think the story was slow and the writing is not complex.
I recommend this book to anyone who likes pirate stories and Pirates of the Caribbean.

“I am me because I choose to be me. I am what I want. Some people say you have to find yourself. Not I. I believe we create ourselves to be what we want.” - Tricia  Levenseller

Have you read any of the books I mentioned above?

You can find the books on Wook - Portugal only (affiliate link) and Book Depository!


Kisses,

-A

0 comentários:

Post a Comment